- Greater London
- £50,000 to £55,000
I am looking for an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist (Cancer) to join my client in Middlesex.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive service to patients with cancer, providing exceptional care, advice and support to both the patient and their families.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist for Cancer you will report to the Service Operations Manager, working within Cancer MDT on an inpatient and outpatient basis supporting patients with a suspected or confirmed speciality cancer. You can expect to treat a variety of cancers, including; Breast, Cervical, Ovarian, Pancreatic, GI Cancers, and Prostate.
You have four main areas of responsibility; Clinical, Educational, Management/Leadership and Research/Audit.
Successful applicants should meet the following criteria:
* · Registered Nurse Level 1/Diploma/BSc in Nursing or Registered Nurse Level 2 – Relevant Competencies for the role.
* · Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
* · Experience with developing written documentation such as standards and protocols.
* · Health Promotion: implementation of change, healthcare services at a local level.
* · Evidence of providing a nurse led service: providing advice, counselling, working with patients and working with cancer patients (2 weeks wait, etc.).
* · Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
* · Previous experience and knowledge of cancer care.
A Cancer qualification is necessary along with relevant dermatology qualifications and PUVA. Although such qualification as ENB, N25, ENB 393, N18; specialist cancer qualification, Eczema and Psoriasis treatments, the ability to undertake leg ulcer and compression bandaging, preform Minor Ops, Phototherapy, PDT and Monitoring clinics.
You will also need detailed experience in both Dermatology and PUVA.
This position is both a full time, permanent position of 24 hours per week but the employer will consider contractors and applicants looking for part time hours.
The salary is up to £55,000pa + benefits.
In return for providing your skills, experience and passion in delivering outstanding patient care, you will be rewarded and provided opportunities for progression and continuous training. Benefits are also included.
If this position would be of interest to you or you would like any further information regarding the vacancy, please contact Bryony Copnall at 023 9232 2364. If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV over to email@example.com
If you are aware of someone who may be interested in this opportunity please refer them to us, if they are employed, we will send you £100 as a thank you (make sure they give your name when they contact us).
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.