- West Midlands
- £41,000 to £45,000
Charge Nurse/Sister (Oncology Lead) – Wolverhampton
Full Time (37.5 hours) Salary £45,000pa +Benefits
There is an opportunity for a Sister/ Charge Nurse to join a team of dedicated staff in the Oncology department at our Wolverhampton Hospital.
As part of the Cancer Services provision at our Wolverhampton Hospital you would be ensuring patients are supported in Outpatients at the start of their journey, co-ordinating their personal treatment plan and providing chemotherapy treatments in a bespoke unit adjacent to the main ward.
Responsibilities of a Sister/ Charge Nurse:
* Co-ordinate activity and be instrumental to making sure patients receive seamless, personalised care.
* Have the privilege of working directly with consultants, who are experts in their field.
* Use your knowledge and skills in assessment, care planning and delivery to make a valuable contribution to the patient’s experience.
* Provide commitment to creating a supportive and enabling working culture on the ward, which promotes patient staff and safety.
* Be responsible for ensuring we provide exemplary care for patients undergoing cancer treatment. You will be lead for Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy (SACT) by providing education and support to both patients and staff.
* You will be responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership.
* Be an effective communicator with patients and key stakeholders.
* Actively contribute to the ongoing improvement of quality information for patients and carers ensuring this is accessible, informative and that there are mechanisms in place for obtaining and responding to patient / carer feedback
* To maintain an awareness of up to date professional and clinical practice issues and ensure that national policy is reflected in practice.
Our Ideal Sister/ Charge Nurse will have:
* Previous experience in Oncology and line management.
* As much confidence working independently, as you do as part of a team.
* Excellent leadership – including a commitment to role modelling good practice and developing staff members.
* Experience in the administration of SACT supported by a recognised university accredited course
* Experience across Cancer/Oncology Nursing, providing evidence of the understanding of cancer and its treatment and the effects on patients and family
* Comprehensive clinical expertise and knowledge of current professional practice and cancer policy requirements
We want you to be the best you can be. We promise that we will support you with training opportunities, career development options and our unique health & wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs, along with free private healthcare. Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.