- Greater London
Senior Staff Nurse- Orthopaedic Department, London – Full time, Salary £35,000 + Benefits
We are looking for a new Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join our busy orthopaedics ward, our 17 bedded ward which specialises in orthopaedics, including spinal injections and surgery and trauma.
The successful applicant will demonstrate extensive experience in orthopaedics and will be up to date in current practices.
What would be my responsibilities be my responsibilities as the Surgical Senior Staff Nurse:
* Supporting in the day to day operational management of the ward during the night shift
* To assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources
* To undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager
* Carry out planned care for a group of patients.
* Ensure the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based, individualised patient care.
* Assist in performing safe effective care for patients requiring advanced clinical skills.
* Recognise when changes in patients condition occur and take appropriate action.
* Assist in carrying out extended roles to ensure best clinical practice.
* Assist and advise unregistered staff in the delivery of patient care.
* Assist in the safe transfer of critically ill patients.
* Maintain accurate clinical observations of the patient and act accordingly and appropriately.
Am I the right person for this Surgical Senior Staff Nurse role?
* Experience at Band 5 or above in relevant role
* Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
* Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
* Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
* Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
* Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
Why work for us as a Surgical Senior Staff Nurse?
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
* Competitive pay For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
* Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
* Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
* 27 days annual leave
* We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
* Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
* Discounts at local, national and online shops
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Cycle to work loan scheme
* Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.