- £24,214 to £30,112
A new opportunity exists for a Speech and Language therapist to join a private hospital in Tonbridge, Kent.
The successful candidate will be a registered Speech and Language therapist with up to date HCPC registration. You will be working with patients with traumatic and acquired brain injury.
You will be responsible for;
– Making differential diagnoses regarding patients’ speech, language, communication, and swallowing status.
– Providing assessment, therapy, advice and support to adults with acquired neurology (including stroke, head injury, and degenerative diseases).
– Communicating complex conditions related information from assessment to clients, carers, families and members of the IDT team (e.g. aphasia, apraxia of speech, cognitive communication disorders, dysphagia and dysarthria).
– Being an integral part of the Interdisciplinary team (IDT), providing advice in the areas of communication and swallowing for medical, nursing and other health care professionals. This includes handover instructions to key workers and reviewing the carry over, taking part in IDT meetings and setting realistic and functional goals for patients.
– Formulating tailored feeding guidelines for patients with dysphagia. To monitor the oral intake of patients by encouraging key workers to document the amount of food tolerated by patients, and any signs of difficulties observed.
– Providing training of dysphagia to nurses, keyworkers and kitchen staff regarding food consistencies and feeding skills.
This is a full time, permanent post. Monthly supervision and annual appraisal are provided.
The role is paying £24,214- £30,112 (band 5 equivalent) depending on experience. The hospital is based in Tonbridge, Kent.
For further details on the opportunity, please contact Cara Lynch at Medicor on 02392 322 374 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the role.
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.