- Greater London
Ward Manager – Surgical Orthopaedic, Central London, Full-time, Salary £52,529
We are looking for a new Ward Manager to lead our busy state of the art orthopaedics ward. This 17 bedded ward specialises in general orthopaedics, including spinal injections and surgery and trauma as well as some general surgery and medical.
The successful applicant will demonstrate extensive experience in orthopaedics and will be up to date in current practices.
What are the main responsibilities of the Ward Manager – Orthopaedic Surgical Role?
* Works as an expert practitioner and is responsible for the delivery of patient-focused programmes of care, which address the complex and changing health and well-being needs of the patients in his/her clinical area.
* Day-to-day line management of the team, allocating work and assessing performance of the team members objectively against set criteria/competencies, and lead in the recruitment and retention of the department
* Uphold standards of cleanliness related to nursing practice in the clinical area and for a well-maintained Ward/Department environment.
* To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
* To apply advanced clinical skills to assist in performing safe effective care for patients.
* To maintain the costs and resources in line with the departmental budget
Am I the right person for this Ward Manager – Orthopaedic Surgical role?
* Extensive experience at Band 6 or above in relevant role
* Demonstrable clinical practice that is evidence based and up to date
* Experience of working with and leading teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
* Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
* Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
* Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
* Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
Why work for us?
* Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
* For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
* Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
* Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
* 27 days annual leave
* Ongoing training and development programmes
* Discounts at local, national and online shops
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Cycle to work loan scheme
* Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
For more information or to apply please contact Ariana Amaral at Medicor on 023 9232 2323 or email email@example.com
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.